PDFCreator

We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.6.0 today. This very includes our new PDF Architect which greatly enhances the capabilities of the old Architect. As the new Architect is significatnly larger, we have created an online setup which will download PDF Architect on the fly if it was selected and an offline setup that can be used when no internet connection is available or a slow download is anticipated.

We also did some improvements to the pdfcmon to handle some special cases on different Terminal Server editions.

We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.5.1 today. This is a minor release which includes some updated translations and fixes some problem that were left with temporary paths on Windows Server and a bug that cause PDFCreator to create a lot of open handles in server mode. This release also fixes a problem that specially seems to occur on german systems. Some characters in the PDF were displayed as a rectangle, but were printed correctly. This was due to an incompatible PostScript driver version.

We hope you enjoy this new version of PDFCreator.

We are happy to release PDFCreator 1.5.0 today. This release brings some improvements, like display options for PDF files (tell the Reader to start with Page X, open in full screen etc) and better Group Policy support for admins. This release also should finally solve session problems on Terminal Servers and also supports multiple sessions of a single user at the same time.

We hope that you enjoy this new release.

We are happy to release PDFCreator 1.4.3 today. It again fixes some small bugs and also comes with some small improvements. PDFCreator now supports Tokens with parameters. When you use the DateTime token with auto-save, you can add a formatting parameter, i.e. <DateTime:yyyy> will give you just the year. This is explained in detail in the help file.

We hope you enjoy this release!

We are happy to release PDFCreatot 1.4.2 today. We have fixed some smaller things, which may have a big effect though. Among them is a crash of the pdfcmon.dll when the document title had more than 255 characters. We hope that you enjoy this new release!

Two weeks after PDFCreator 1.4.0 we have released version 1.4.1 today. We are happy to do so, because this version fixes some bugs. Especially the problem some users have encountered which caused PDFCreator to not work at all has been fixed. This has been due to a "misunderstanding" between two components of PDFCreator, which looked in different paths if the environment variables TEMP and TMP were set to different folders.

We are happy to release PDFCreator 1.4.0 today. After a big bit of work, we have solved a lot of problems in the 1.3.x branch. There were some performance and ordering problems when converting a large amount of files. We have also fixed a lot of smaller, but nasty problems that were dicussed in the community. As always, you can find a detailed list in the What's new section on the site.

We hope that this release makes your life with the computer a bit easier!

We know that the requests for an MSI Installer are coming regularly and that a lot of admins has the need for this. Many users have donated for this and we bought InstallAware some time ago. I have spent more than a month of development time this year to create and MSI Installer with InstallAware.

We have just published PDFCreator 1.3.2 to fix some problems that still have been present. The full list of changes can be found in the manual: http://www.pdfforge.org/content/whats-new

The most important issues should be the poor performance with large files and that PDFCreator stayed in memory after printing a file. Both is now solved, together with a few other small fixes and improvements.

Just five days after PDFCreator 1.3.0 we are now releasing PDFCreator 1.3.1 to fix two severe bugs and some minor things. As many of you will have noticed, PDFArchitect did not load PDF files properly with the english translation. This is fixed now. The new pdfcmon.dll did crash on Terminal Servers, which is now fixed as well.